Metals Focus Limited (“the Company” or “Company”) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by visitors. We have created the following policy guidelines to let you know how we collect and use your personal information.
Information collected by Metals Focus Limited
The Company collects information about visitors during their registration for this website: name, address and email address. By providing your personal data to us you understand that the Company and its affiliates are: (a) using your personal data; and (b) sharing your personal data with its affiliates, as described below.
Use of information
The Company will not reveal any personal information of individuals to any third party without their permission unless it is lawful to do so.
The Company periodically sends out e-mail newsletters and promotional e-mails about services and publications offered by this website. If you consent to receiving these emails, you have the option to change your mind at any time and we will respect your wishes.
Upon request, the Company will remove individuals (and their information) from our database or permit them to “opt-out” of any further e-mail newsletters or contact. This can be achieved by following the instructions for unsubscribing included in each e-mail and/or contact us at the address below.
Third parties will not contact our visitors through the use of our e-mail newsletter lists except through advertisements within the newsletters themselves, or unless visitors ask to be placed on a list to receive e-mail from our advertisers on subjects of interest.
We will need to use your information to respond to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised with us.
Legal basis for processing
- In accordance with data protection law, we are obliged to inform you that we are using your information as described in this privacy notice statement on the following legal bases:
- you have given your consent to us using your information as described in this notice;
- we have a legitimate interest in using your information for the purposes of operating as a business;
- the use is necessary to perform a contract between us or to take steps which you requested us to take before entering into a contract;
- the use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- the use is necessary for the purposes of understanding visitors to our website which is in our legitimate interests.
Personal Data Security
We maintain adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
You have the right to:
- withdraw your consent where you have given your consent to us to use your personal information for certain purposes. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below in Section 10. This will not affect the lawfulness of any use of your information that we make before you withdraw your consent.
- access your personal information to understand whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to give you certain details about that information and/or the information itself. This is commonly known as a subject access request. If you would like to make a subject access request, please do so in writing and send this to us using the contact details as set out in the “Contact Us” section below;
- restrict the processing of your personal information if one of the following applies to you
- you contest the accuracy of the information that we hold about you, while we verify its accuracy;
- we have used your information unlawfully, but you request us to restrict its use instead of erasing it;
- we no longer need the information for the purpose for which we collected it, but you need it to deal with a legal claim; or
- you have objected to us using your information, while we check whether our legitimate grounds override your right to object.
- require the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete information;
- object to the processing of your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if one of the following applies, unless it is necessary to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim:
- the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it;
- we need your consent to use the information and you withdraw your consent;
- you object to us using your information: for the purposes of understanding the visitors to the website and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- you unsubscribe from our marketing communications;
- we have used your information unlawfully;
- the information must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). However, we would appreciate the chance to put this right for you first. Please contact us using the details set out in Section 10 below and we will do our very best to answer any questions and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. If, for whatever reason, you feel we do not meet the high standards we expect of ourselves, you have the right to complain to the ICO.
Retention of personal information
In accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your information for as long as necessary. We will then either securely delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this website you can contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at Metals Focus Limited, Unit T, 2-10 Hertford Road, London N1 5ET, United Kingdom.